Level 2 Practitioner
We are searching for highly motivated, passionate and qualified Nursery practitioner to join our team in Battersea. We are an enthusiastic childcare team with the welfare and interests of the children at heart. Our passion is to ensure each child reaches their full potential within a loving, nurturing, safe and stimulating nursery.
Nursery Practitioner day to day responsibilities:
Helping oversee, maintain and organise a clean, tidy, child-friendly environment. Supervise activities, such as messy play, crafts, cooking, reading and outdoor/physical pursuits. And because parents may feel like they’re missing out on their young child’s development, Nursery Practitioners also plan, observe and keep records that inform parents and carers about their child’s day. This role also includes:
- Feeding suitable meals, snacks and drinks
- Changing nappies or helping with potty/toilet training
- Teaching general life skills, such as basic hygiene and manners
- Working with any health and social care professionals, where necessary, and undertaking any relevant admin/paperwork.
To be a Nursery Practitioner and part of our family, we would like you to have: Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Level 2 Early Years Childcare qualification
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of child protection and safe guarding procedures
- Experience of the EYFS and using it within a nursery setting as a childcare practitioner Enthusiastic, passionate and full of ideas to encourage learning and development.
You’ll receive a competitive salary & benefits package including:
- Excellent rates of pay based on experience and qualification
- Being part of an award-winning team
- 20 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holiday
- Free DBS
- Extensive Support for Higher Level qualifications
- A Number of free training such as Safeguarding, First Aid and Food Hygiene, Child protection and prevent
- Training New uniform provided
- Two/Three days onsite training during inset days
- Team building events throughout the year
- The role of a nursery nurse involves working with children and is therefore exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
You are therefore required to declare any convictions or cautions that you may have, including those that would otherwise be regarded as ‘spent’ under this Act.
If you would like to apply, please complete the form below and upload your CV. We will be in touch shortly.